Located in the central campus on Administration Drive, the Gillis Building houses offices of the Graduate School. It was completed in 1892 as the Experiment Station, a copy of the original Agricultural Experiment Station built on the same site in 1889 and destroyed by fire. (A new Experiment Station Building, now known as Scovell Hall was completed in 1905.) Gillis has housed natural history, chemistry, law, hygiene, public health, an infirmary, and the registrar's office through the years and was long known as the Chemistry Building and later the Administration Annex. In 1978 it was named to honor Ezra Gillis, the first university registrar, who served from 1910 until his retirement in 1937.
--Description from the University of Kentucky Campus Guide
See more images of Gillis Building in ExploreUK.